Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My Interview in Smart Indian Women magazine

Edit Posted by with No comments
I have been interviewed by a online E-magazine relating to my blog and crafts.

The interview is pasted here

Interview



Thanks for taking the time to chat with SIW. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog.     
Pragathi : Hello Readers of SIW, I am a trained 
teacher and was into teaching profession. Since 
teaching also involves creative pursuits I enjoyed the art, craft, and dramatics part of my teaching journey. I am also a home maker, wife and mother of a 10 year old boy. Currently I am on break from teaching and spending more time writing, creating new art and craft objects, participating in online competitions and online art events.
In Rumi the great sufi poets words “”Inside you there is an artist you don’t know about”" so my blog is a platform where i share my new creations and interact with other bloggers and readers.
What makes your blog so unique and why should people read it?          
Pragathi : My blog is all about simple easy to do art and craft items. Many of the items are “”Best out of waste”" means i have used unwanted old things and transformed them into beautiful show pieces. This helps in utilising resources and curbing wastage.
The blog also gives ideas about “Do it Yourself(DIY)” projects. So instead of spending a bomb on buying expensive readymade items from fancy stores. We can spend some time, talent, creativity in making home decor articles at home. These items can be gifted to friends and relatives who leave behind a personal touch and help in adding a feather to our creative bug.
How often do you blog?              
Pragathi : Household responsibilities do take up my time. Also online contest and art events participation keeps me involved. But I am passionate blogger sometimes there are two-three new crafts created by me in a day. I upload the images and update my blogs every now and then. Its a fairly active blog.
What has been your most successful blog post to date and what was it about?
Pragathi : I had created a mixed media art and entered into a contest hosted by an Australian Website.
The Art was quiet different with an Indian touch of bells, peacocks and butterflies.
The art was appreciated and it won the first prize.
What do you find most challenging about blogging?     
Pragathi : My slow internet connection and virus problems with my laptops. I love everything about blogging its a passion, creative pursuit, outlet to express my hidden skills, skills which even I didn’t know existed.
What are some of your favorite author blogs and why?               
Pragathi : Apart from craft and art I am passionate about photography, astrology, poetry, esoteric literature and ancient architecture.
I cannot point to a particular blog which really interests me since I myself have varied interest.
But i really appreciate the time, energy and creative sharing done by other bloggers.
What are your favorite books that you would recommend SIW family?               
Pragathi : I like to understand the human mind and behavior. I voraciously read books related to psychology Daniel Golemans ‘Emotional Intelligence’ will really help the readers to understand human behavior. Elaine Aron and Susan Peabody are my favorite psychology writers.
What advice would you give to young women readers of SIW who want to follow a similar career path as you?              
Pragathi : Art and craft is a vast field with multi talented people in it. Some of them are hereditary artist who are trained by their forefathers like warli, kalamkari, mural artist etc.
Some of the artist are God Gifted  Akiane Kramarik is child prodigy who started painting at age of four.
If you are inspired to be part of art and craft world then do thorough research, hone your skills, practice and do market research before entering this field.
Blog URL : craftfromheart.blogspot.in

0 comments:

Post a Comment